In pursuant to the NCCIM Constitution, the prime objective of NCCIM is to promote, foster and protect the interests of all corporations and persons carrying out commerce and industry activities in Malaysia, and in particular (but not by way of limitation):
● To promote the consideration and discussion of all questions connected with or relating to Commerce and Industry;
● To collect members’ views and of any other person or organisation which it considers is interested in commerce and industry, and submit the same to the Government of Malaysia or any State Government and to any other relevant organisation, Council or Committee.
● To represent the interests of the members in all matters which may be referred to it by any such Government or by any of the said members.
● To collect, publish and circulate statistics and any other information relating to commerce and industry.
● To coordinate and cooperate with the public and private sector in order to promote better growth and understanding in commerce and industry.
● To represent commerce and industry within the region and internationally, including but not limited to further the objectives and interests of regional trade associations and business councils, and towards this end to serve as the main platform for Malaysian private sector participation in the economic activities of the region and internationally.
● To do all such things as may be deemed incidental or conducive to the furtherance for all or any of the above objectives.